Saturday, July 3, 2010

When The Farm Boy's Are Not In The Field I......



One of my fella blogger buddies posted awhile back, just actually what her daily routine is as a stay at home mom. She listed her everyday duties that had to be fulfilled in order for everything to run smoothly within her humble abode. I thought that to be a very interesting piece, not only for us SAHM's but if you were to look at your daily lifestyle what would your schedule look like?



*Each morning we rise at 6:00 AM to our babbling tot, this is one of the best sounds on earth.
*Diaper change and Baby D plays on the floor for some much needed tummy time.
*While he is occupied, I throw in a load of laundry, empty the dish wisher, mix some vitamins, get dressed, make the bed, and prepare his baby food.
*Approx 6:30 it is breakfast for Baby D, he has a delicious assortment *insert yucky face* of sweet potato's, peas, and applesauce (my boy is not picky). Time for Baby D to dress for success of the day and diaper change.
*7:00 like clock work, Grandpa comes to play and chat with Baby D about the day (discussing grain markets, they can make great predictions that early in the AM). While G-pa and Baby D are busy doing their "thing", I make myself some tasty breakfast.
*8:00 Diaper change, bottle and we read a story before he lays down for a quick little siesta.
*During his sleepy time, I gather up my goods to go feed the horses. Since my horses are like 90 in human years now, they need some pampering. I mix up their horse supplements and give them a generous portion of oil into their grain. This is their favorite time of day, they causally waddle up from the pasture to nibble their breakfast.
*Get back inside do more laundry, Blog, begin preparing lunch for the guys.
*9:00 Baby D wakes up, diaper change
*Wonder downstairs to our "Make shift workout area" (Treadmill, Bow flex, and free weights) to do a quick 30 minute workout. All the while Baby D plays in his exerciser.
*9:30ish go outside to mingle with the guys in the shop. We pass Baby D around so everyone gets a chance to play with him. While we secretly have a roping contest amongst one another. Can you guess who normally wins? *insert the beaming smile of the champion*
10:30 diaper change, then race around to get lunch actually prepared and into the oven or grill.
11:00 Baby gets his gourmet meal, carrots, sweet potato's, and pears. We play around in his walker.
11:30 Baby D is ready for his noon nap! Diaper change, quick book and off to bed.
12:00 Farm Boys arrive eagerly awaiting their lunch.
12:01 Everyone is content, so it is time for lay down and take a nice siesta of my own.

I have never documented my day before. This is why time flies by so fast! So this is my life until noon each day when the Farm Boy's are not in the field. I will try to post what my afternoons are like this weekend.



Have a lovely weekend,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: