Thursday, May 21, 2009

TGIF My Peeps!




It's Friday! The weather is absolutely gorgeous, illuminations of spring are sprouting up amongst the rural areas, the animals have begun to shed their winter coats, and I am making preparations for my gardening debut!

One of my all time favorite fellow bloggers is Pioneer Woman (as you all I am sure can agree with), she posted a segment on "Raised Vegetable Beds". That was all of the inspiration that I was looking for. You see I am a rookie gardener, I have grown herbs before but only in pots, I have never grown in actual garden. Those massive piles of dirt always looked so overwhelming to me, that I never thought I could possibly handle such an entrepreneurial venture (I consider this arrangement entrepreneurial; I may barter a tomato for, .02 and pair of Aviator Sunglasses).

So when I stumbled upon these rectangular boxes, I was ecstatic! They were just my size, this was going to be excellent for my first ever Garden!

As of now the only plants in the ground were planted on St. Paddy's Day: Potato's and White/Red Onions. Yet I plan on taking the "Bull by the Horns" this weekend, the whole garden will be planted, manicured, and properly groomed for spring. I think I can handle this whole gardening thing, especially come Mid-July when I will be in full blossom.

Sincerely,
Farming Fabulously

No comments: